Wednesday, May 30, 2007

So I've Been Thinking....

So I've been thinking.... I love babies and being pregnant and the whole birthing experience. I've only been to one other birth besides mine.. yes it was intense but I still wouldn't change the fact I was there.... so... I've been thinking about becoming a Dula. what is a dula you ask? A Dula is someone who is there for the mother. she caters to the needs of the mother during her labor and delivery. she is NOT a medical professional. she even helps with postpartum if the mother would like. i do want another baby but my son is to young and i need to focus on what i have and I do want to wait 3 or 4 years so I was thinking that becoming a Dula would help with that baby itch... maybe LOL. I've thought about it before but was never in a position were I could become one... now I am not pregnant and may little guy will take a bottle.. I also would love to do what my B/F in Florida has done, she became a lactation consultant... but I am going to take it one day at a time and become a dula first. I hope.... so... the thing is.. during my training I cannot charge.. but I need 2 experiences to get my certificate.. sooo.. if anyone would like a dula (in training) after July let me know. I prob wont be able to start until middle July early august. I hope.... :-) so that's what I have been thinking about.....

No comments: